If you like the beach, then a beach umbrella auger bit is a must-have tool that will let you spend more time enjoying the surf and less time digging holes to set up your umbrella. Plus, this tool has other great applications. When you’re not at the beach, you can use it around the house to plant annuals or bulbs in the garden, and it will prove useful for mixing paint and other household needs. Read below to find out more!
Best Uses for Sand Augers
Sand augers are great for digging holes to set umbrella posts, and they’re also useful to help you install a beach volleyball net or a badminton net. If you want to set up a tent or portable pavilion for extra shade or some outdoor entertaining space on the beach, then a sand auger drill attachment is a handy tool.
For event planners or anyone organizing a beach party or beachside wedding, there are even more uses. An auger is excellent for setting up tents and pavilions. If you plan to use staked vases for flowers, tiki torches or other bits of decor that need to be anchored deep in the sand, an auger is an essential tool to help you get the job done quickly.
For digging umbrella and volleyball post holes we suggest the Extended Length Bulb Auger…
Extended Length Bulb Auger (3" x 24"- 48")
Plant bulbs and 3-inch potted plants without kneeling or bending over. You will dig post holes, plant trees and shrubs faster than ever before with these special augers. Power Planter augers are great choice for installing beach volleyball poles and umbrellas or boring holes under sidewalks for electrical or irrigation lines. Now available in black, pink, and lime colors. *Drill sold separately.See Full Details
Why Is an Auger Better Than a Shovel?
For those of you who are wondering what makes an auger preferable to a shovel, there are quite a few reasons why you’d go with a sand auger drill bit for your beach umbrella instead. Here is a list of some of those reasons:
- A sand auger is perfect for traveling. Most people will need to pack supplies for the day and drive to the beach. You’ll find that a drill bit for your beach umbrella is lighter and fits better in the trunk of your car or in a tote bag. With all the other beachside necessities you’ll be bringing, any way you can lighten the load will prove handy.
- Shoveling is a lot more work. Why spend an hour bent over a shovel to dig holes when you can get the same job done in minutes with a sand auger?
- Install Sand Fencing. People who live on the coast pay a small fortune to pay someone to install sand fencing, and it is nothing more than snow fence used on a beach. Our augers are an inexpensive and efficient method for installing sand fencing!
- Shovels, or even small trowels, require you to dig wide holes. The deeper you have to dig, the wider the hole needs to be for you to get leverage with the shovel or trowel. Though in most cases, the holes you’ll need for tent posts, tiki torches, volleyball nets or a beach umbrella will be a maximum of 2 inches in diameter. With an appropriately sized drill bit for a sand umbrella, you can dig a hole in the right size, which can eliminate a lot of extra work and keep posts more secure in the sand.
- You can dig deeper more easily with an auger compared to a shovel or trowel. Use the extended bulb planting auger or a tree auger to make holes up to 4 feet deep. Beaches tend to be breezy places, which means that deeper holes are necessary to make sure that your umbrella, net or pavilion stays secure — even when the wind rolls off the water.
Now that you see the many uses for a sand auger, be sure to browse Power Planter’s selection of augers. While we have many options available, beachgoers will find the extended length bulb auger and the tree auger ideal for setting umbrella posts and volleyball nets. Then, get in touch with us to place your order.
Shop Sand and Post Hole Augers
DEWALT 60V MAX* Mixer/Drill Kit With E-Clutch® System (Wholesale)
DeWalt 996 20V MAX* XR® Cordless 3-Speed Hammer Drill/Driver (Wholesale)
DEWALT DCB606 FLEXVOLT® 20/60V MAX* BATTERY PACK 6.0AH (1 pk.)
DEWALT DCB606 FLEXVOLT® 20/60V MAX* BATTERY PACK 6.0AH (2 pk.)