What can earth augers do?
For homeowners and contractors alike, augers are a must-have tool that can do a variety of jobs. Power Planter’s augers come in several lengths and widths to suit all kinds of needs. Garden augers are excellent for spring planting — you can use them to dig holes to the exact depth and width needed to plant bulbs and get your annuals and vegetables in the ground. You may be surprised, however, to learn just how versatile augers are and how many other tasks they can help you handle.
Select a digging project to learn more:
- Install Termite Bait Stations – Termites are a big nuisance, but their presence isn’t always visible in the beginning. A subterranean infestation calls for aggressive action. For exterminators, an earth auger makes it much easier to install termite bait stations.
- Plant Bulbs – A garden bulb planter is a specialized bulb planting auger that allows you to dig perfectly spaced holes of an even depth for your bulbs. These tools are designed to be used with any power drill, which gives you the freedom to use a bulb digger cordlessly.
- Post Hole Digging – Larger augers aren’t just for planting gallon pots. They can also be used to dig post holes. Contractors can use them when installing decks, fences or other projects that require a lot of digging. Homeowners will find an auger makes tasks such as digging holes for a mailbox post a much easier job.
- Sand Auger for Beach Day – If you take frequent trips to the beach, bring an auger instead of a shovel to dig a hole, so you can put up your umbrella or a volleyball net.
- Make Potting Mix – Augers are handy for mixing. In fact, you can use one to create your own potting soil mix by combining peat moss, compost and pearlite. Doing it yourself can save you money over premade commercial mixes.
- Remove Clogs – Augers can clear straight stretches of drain. Use a correctly sized auger in PVC drain lines to remove clogs.
- Dig Horizontally – Sometimes, the job requires you to dig horizontally. If you need to run plumbing or conduit beneath a sidewalk, then an auger is the only way to make the hole without tearing a section of the sidewalk.
- Tilling Garden Beds – Our tools make it easy to weed garden beds, loosen soil and get rid of the larvae of harmful pests. Tilling with an auger can cut down on the amount of work you have to do for a new or large garden.
- Digging Irrigation Trenches – If you need to dig out trenches for irrigation or a sprinkler system, our augers can make the job simpler and faster. There’s no need to rent expensive equipment or pay a contractor to do what you can accomplish with one of our machines and a little bit of time. You could potentially save thousands of dollars.
Compare Auger Sizes
Contact us if you can’t find your digging project listed here.
Feel free to browse the selection of augers available from Power Planter. If you have questions about which model is best-suited for your needs, or you would like to order, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Shop Power Planter Augers
DEWALT DCB606 FLEXVOLT® 20/60V MAX* BATTERY PACK 6.0AH (1 pk.)
DEWALT DCB606 FLEXVOLT® 20/60V MAX* BATTERY PACK 6.0AH (2 pk.)
DEWALT DCB609 FLEXVOLT® 20-Volt/60-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion 9.0Ah Battery (1 pk.)
DEWALT DCB609 FLEXVOLT® 20-Volt/60-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion 9.0Ah Battery (2 pk.)
DEWALT DCD130T1 60V MAX* Mixer/Drill With E-Clutch®
DEWALT DCD996P2 20V MAX* XR® Cordless 3-Speed Hammer Drill Kit