The Best Drills for Augers
The Best Drills
DeWalt MAX Series Drills are ideally suited for use with augers from Power Planter. Deliver intense power with a high degree of precision and control. The Max Series motors provide variable speed controls and ensure increased power and running time compared to other types.
Drills For Earth Augers
Dewalt 996 20V MAX* XR® Cordless 3-Speed Hammer Drill/Driver
The DeWalt 996 drill combines solid power with passive safety. With speeds of 450 RPM to 2,000 RPM it’s just as suited for digging through heavy soil as it is driving a screw. Includes charger, side handle, and hard carry case. This has a 1/2 inch chuck and is the best drill for Power Planter augers 2" and 3" in diameter.
DeWalt 460 Flexvolt 60V Max* VSR Stud and Joist Drill Kit
For those exceptionally tough gardening or landscaping jobs, this is the solution you need. Get the muscle of a 60-volt corded unit with the freedom of being cordless. Only Power Planter offers this special DeWalt 60V kit, with a carrying case and extra backup battery. Works with ALL Power Planter augers (2" diameter - 9" diameter) and has a 1/2 inch chuck.
The Ultimate Gardener Starter Pack
The perfect starting point for a homeowner or landscaper, this kit includes two garden auger drill bits and a complete Dewalt 996 20V MAX* XR® cordless drill kit. The drill kit includes charger, side handle, and hard carry case. The 3 in. x 7 in. and 2 in. x 7 in. garden auger drill bits are easy to use and will transform your garden with ease.
Ultimate Professional Landscaper Kit
For those exceptionally tough gardening or landscaping jobs, this is the all-in-one solution. Only Power Planter offers this special combination of a complete DeWalt 60V kit, and a set of three heavy-duty augers. Get the muscle of a 60-volt corded unit with the freedom of being cordless and the durability of Power Planter's top selling heavy-duty augers. Buy this kit and save.
How to Choose the Best Drill for Digging
At Power Planter, we’re dedicated to making the highest-quality augers to help you tackle tough gardening and landscaping jobs with ease. Choosing an auger drill that delivers enough strength to get an auger through the soil can play a significant role in the success of your gardening project.
If you’re looking for the best drill for hole boring, consider these factors:
- Power supply: A corded model means you don’t have to worry about running out of juice, but a cordless one gives you the ability to work anywhere on a property.
- Speed: The more RPM the tool delivers, the less torque. This might make a difference when digging through dense soils, where torque can be important.
- Amperage: The higher the amperage, the more powerful the drill. If you’re using a longer bit, make sure you have enough strength to drive it.
- Variable speed: If the power tool you choose has variable speed, it can be very useful for auguring around a property. That’s because variable speed allows you to control the amount of torque the motor produces.
- Reverse: Switching into reverse mode can be convenient for easily removing the auger from the hole you’ve just dug.
- Keyless chuck: This feature allows you to switch between augers quickly, if needed.