Dewalt 996 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Cordless 3-Speed Hammer Drill/Driver
The 996’s capability to go from a maximum of 450 RPM up to 2,000 RPM at its upper limit means it’s just as suited for digging through heavy soil as it is driving a screw. The motor’s high-efficiency design supplies you with up to 75% more run time compared to a brushed model. It features a 3-mode LED, providing light in dark or confined spaces, and is 20X brighter than the previous model.
DeWalt 460 Flexvolt 60V Max* VSR Stud and Joist Drill Kit
Get the power of a cord with the freedom of a cordless drill. This drill has an adjustable bail handle and 2-position side handle for leverage and control. E-Clutch is a Perform and Protect™; feature that detects reactionary torque caused by a bind-up or stall and reduces speed to a manageable level until control is regained. Power through tough compacted soil with ease.
How to Choose the Best Drill for Digging
At Power Planter, we’re dedicated to making the highest-quality augers to help you tackle tough gardening and landscaping jobs with ease. Choosing an auger drill that delivers enough strength to get an auger through the soil can play a significant role in the success of your gardening project.
If you’re looking for the best drill for hole boring, consider these factors:
- Power supply: A corded model means you don’t have to worry about running out of juice, but a cordless one gives you the ability to work anywhere on a property.
- Speed: The more RPM the tool delivers, the less torque. This might make a difference when digging through dense soils, where torque can be important.
- Amperage: The higher the amperage, the more powerful the drill. If you’re using a longer bit, make sure you have enough strength to drive it.
- Variable speed: If the power tool you choose has variable speed, it can be very useful for auguring around a property. That’s because variable speed allows you to control the amount of torque the motor produces.
- Reverse: Switching into reverse mode can be convenient for easily removing the auger from the hole you’ve just dug.
- Keyless chuck: This feature allows you to switch between augers quickly, if needed.
As a third-generation, family-owned business based in rural Illinois, Power Planter remains deeply connected to our agricultural heritage. We know how important it is for professional landscapers and home gardeners alike to keep doing what they love. That’s why we’re focused on making plant hole diggers that are easy to use. Our commitment means we’re the best place to buy garden drill augers that allow you to continue enjoying your time outside.